Cocktail Recipes & Building Your At-Home Bar
If you’re not satisfied with just serving up wine at a party – If you’re looking for something a little more thoughtful than a refrigerator stocked with microbrews – Then being an at-home cocktail enthusiast is probably for you. With the amount of information available at our fingertips now almost anyone can learn how to follow proper cocktail recipes at home. Keeping your at home bar stocked with the essentials is the first step.
These will include:
- Rum – Dark, Light or BOTH!
- Whisky – Whatever your favorite might be
- Various Liqueurs
- Flavored Vodka – We suggest Figenza fig flavored vodka – Obviously!
Figenza is a class all its own. As a flavored vodka, it is unique to the fig category. And similar to a liqueur, Figenza Fig Flavored Vodka can help balance the flavor in various cocktails.
Once you have your bar stocked with the essentials you can decide what kind of cocktail recipes you’re in the mood for. Something fruity? Fill in the blanks with some fruit mixers. Something spicy? Hot sauce, black pepper and horseradish are three good places to start. Something light! Tonic, soda water, lemon and lime all will help to give your cocktails a nice crisp taste.
Now it’s time to equip your bar with the necessary tools to upgrade your cocktail recipes! Here’s where it gets fun because you can keep your at home bar as basic as you like or you can go all out and give it the works! Here is a list of some basics and a few fancy additions for more complex cocktail recipes – if you dare!
- Blender – For those refreshing and oh-so popular frozen drinks!
- Traditional Cocktail Shaker – The tight fitting lid will allow for spill-free mixing.
- Cocktail Strainer – This will allow you to smoothly pour your drink into a fresh glass without letting the mixing ice spill out.
- Jigger – This is a small metal measuring tool that helps you to be precise and consistent when making your cocktails.
- Bar Spoon – This is just a spoon longer handle to allow you to reach the bottoms of taller glasses for stirring.
- Ice Bucket – Because ice is necessary for so many mixed drink recipes it is imperative to keep a healthy supply by your side.
- Muddler – For cocktail recipes like Mojitos or anything else that requires mint or fruit to be crushed inside the glass this is the tool you’ll need.
Now all that’s left to do is read up on cocktail recipes online. A good place to start is right here within the Figenza website. Visit our cocktail recipes page here to read up on several classic cocktail recipes spiced up with Figenza as well as some original, unique cocktail recipes. Now go forth and mix, drink and enjoy!